At BAMOR we want you to know that we are available to take a limited number of counseling cases. As biblical counselors we are not certified by the State of Texas, but are certified by the Biblical Framework Counselors Association (a biblically sound organization). You may apply for help from us by phoning (281) 898-8742. There are, however, several conditions upon which counseling cases will be initiated. They are as follows:
- All counseling will be conducted in accordance with the counselor’s understanding of the Scriptures. Counseling will be biblically based and the Scriptures are the final authority in all cases. We do not subscribe to the teachings and methods of modern psychology or psychiatry, whether expressly secular or an attempted integration with biblical principles. As biblical counselors we are not trained or licensed as psychotherapists or mental health professionals nor do we follow the methods of such persons. Also, our policy is to not make referrals to such persons. If you are not sure that you will be interested in biblically-based counseling, you have the option of attending one or two sessions to discover what biblical counseling is like. If you are unwilling to use the Bible as the final authority in counseling or unwilling to do the homework assigned, sessions will be terminated.
- Information disclosed in counseling sessions will be held confidential only as the we believe the Bible or the State requires. Absolute confidentiality is not scriptural. In certain circumstances the Bible requires that facts be disclosed to select others (Matt. 18:15ff). In these areas we will follow the guidelines of the Bible and applicable state laws. If your church leadership should inquire, we will disclose to them only that information which we believe is necessary for them to effectively and biblically fulfill their responsibility to shepherd you.
- At any time during the counseling, for reasons sufficient to himself/herself, the counselor or the counselee shall have the option of terminating counseling.
- All counseling is offered free for the first session and as a donation to the ministry of BAMOR for each session thereafter if you so choose. We will never allow money to interfere with the discipleship work of this ministry and there is no requirement of a fee for any of our counseling services. Although, part of the weekly homework assignments may require purchasing materials that correspond to the counseling process.
- It should be understood that biblical counseling consists of the giving of scriptural advice and the practical application of the same to each individual. Yet, the counselee is held fully responsible for how he/she implements that advice.
- We are confident that the Bible has all of the information necessary for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3). We believe that the Bible addresses all personal and interpersonal relationship problems either in general or in specific principles. As biblical counselors we are not infallible, nor do we pretend to know all there is to know about biblical teaching and its applications to life. But we are well equipped and competent to help people change. We will make a point to differentiate between God’s commands and our suggestions. As biblical counselors we will also honestly tell you if we are stymied and will seek help. (Please note that we do not give medical or legal advice.)
- If a conflict should arise between the counselee and the counselor, both parties hereby agree to resolve the dispute outside the secular court system.