One Step to Freedom
Chapter 1: Planning for Victory
Is Alcoholism a Disease?
If alcoholism is a disease:
1. It is the only disease that is contracted by an act of the will.
2. It is the only disease that requires a license to propagate.
3. It is the only disease that is bottled and sold.
4. It is the only disease that requires outlets to spread.
5. It is the only disease that produces revenue for the government.
6. It is the only disease that provokes crime.
7. It is the only disease that is habit forming.
8. It is the only disease that is spread by advertising.
9. It is the only disease for which we are fined for contracting.
10. It is the only disease that brings death on the highways.
11. It is the only disease that requires an age limit to contract.
12. It is the only disease without germ or virus, and there is no corrective medicine.
13. It is the only disease that bars a patient from the kingdom of God (unless there is repentance).
Read and define 1 Corinthians 6:9-10.
“Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God” (Galatians 5:19-21).
Define the works of the flesh from Galatians 5:19-21.
Outbursts of Wrath______________________________
Revelries & the like______________________________
“I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God” (Galatians 5:21).